Sunday, November 20, 2005

Sketch Walk in Saguaro East


Teri, Jeanne and I, head out to Saguaro National Park East for a "sketch walk" , led by ranger Judy. It was in the 80's here in Tucson. Check out the views!!
Pictured from left to right, Jeanne in the white hat, Ranger Judy, that's me in the chair and far right, Teri -another Every Day Matters Yahoo group member. You can read her post about our morning on her continue on your way.

Pictured on the left-hand photograph, are some other particpants, Jeanne is pictured in the right-hand corner.

The photograph on the right shows Rhonda and Andrew, more participants!






Ranger Judy led us in some simple drawing lessons such as blind contours to warm up and then had us draw a saguaro with the subtractive method, making a background, then drawing with an eraser. Afterwards, she had us draw a rock, ocotillo and some prickly pear, allowing a couple of minutes for each.





At the end, Ranger Judy let us draw whatever we wanted and I started a sketch of one of the other rangers, Meg and her backpack, then our time was up. I asked Meg to sit down again so I could take a photo to show the general idea of what I had was attempting to draw. It is not the exact pose of course, but close enough. Maybe if I painted the backpack it would show up better in my drawing.



We then headed off for lunch. Arriving first, I did this quick sketch while wating for everyone else to find a parking place. It was a GREAT day.

3 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

Oh Laurie, you did such a nice job on this post. I linked this post to mine. Now I wish I would have brought my camera.

8:00 AM  
Blogger Kathleen Pequignot said...

Your sketch day sounds like a great time! So glad you had this opportunity to be with other artists and enjoy the landscape. :)

5:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi lauri
wanted to say thanks for the note on my blog and also to say that your drawings are fun. i am totally jealous that you all had a sketch crawl, wonderful!

enjoy the day! -patty

p.s. thanks for the link to scribbler, i may be addicted :)

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home